I participated in a campaign on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for Zarbee’s Naturals. I received product samples and a promotional item as a thank you for participating.
Daylight Savings is just a day away and like most parents everywhere I am dreading it. While the spring time change is not as bad as the fall any time kid’s sleep habits are messed with it’s a big headache. Zarbee’s Naturals Dr. Zak has some great tips on what he calls sleep hygiene to help your kids get a good nights sleep. Dr. Zak will also be hosting a special Daylight Savings recovery chat on Twitter, Sunday March 9th at 7 PM ET to answer any real time sleep questions from their @zarbees handle.
The 9 Steps to a Good Night’s Sleep according to Dr. Zak are:
1. Consistency is key, keep a consistent bed time and routine regardless of day.
2. Create a sleep friendly bedroom. Bedrooms should be dark, quiet and slightly cool.
3. Stick to a routine. Dedicate 20-30 mintues to a bedtime routine each night to help your kids wind down.
4. Go ‘E-free” in the evening. The light from electronics can interfere with sleep patterns.
5. Teach how to sleep. Help teach your child to fall asleep naturally.
6. Going to Sleep is Not a Game. Make sure to keep your child from making bedtime and avoiding sleep a game.
7. Know the numbers. Know how much sleep a child needs. See chart.
8. Brighten the day and stay active. Sunlight and activity can help set up alertness in the day and sleepiness at night.
9. No caffeine for bedtime snack. Caffeine should be avoided in children all together.
At my house we have family prayers each night it’s the perfect way to help everyone wind down before bed and it is our routine that they kids can look forward to each night. Bedtime is one thing my husband and I are really good at keeping consistent and our kids go to bed at 8pm every night, every day of the week.
Zarbee’s Naturals Children’s Sleep, for children 3 years +, helps reset the occasional hiccups in bedtime routines, like Daylight Savings Time, traveling and even sleepovers and right now you can save $1.50 off Zarbee’s Naturals Children’s Sleep (and free shipping on all orders over $10). It’s available online at www.zarbees.com using zarbeessleep at checkout.