We drink a lot of pop at our house, more than we should and recently my husband has cut way back and is drinking only diet caffeine free pop. So when I heard some great things about SodaStream Sodamaker I wanted to check it out. When the machine arrived my first impression was “wow this is so simple”. The machine was much smaller and more portable that I expected and I really liked that. Then when I realized how easy it is to use I started to get excited to begin making some homemade pop. To use the SodaStream machine you simply insert the carbon dioxide tank (so easy) then fill your 1 liter bottle (provided) up to the fill line with tap water. Screw the water filled bottle onto the machine and press the button 3 times to carbonate it. Untwist, slowly add a cap full of your favorite SodaStream syrup and voila your own pop. My girls LOVE the cranberry raspberry flavor, it is a special treat for the girls that they love and I love that I can control how much syrup is in it. My husband now prefers the SodaStream Root Beer flavor to any name brand and takes a liter with him to work. I like the Diet Lemon Lime flavor and the Ginger Ale is really good too.
If you are more of a flavored water person SodaStream makes MyWater Flavor Essence which is all natural unsweetened fruit flavors for perfect seltzer water. Adding seltzer water to juice is a trick I picked up from my mom and now I have unlimited seltzer water at my fingertips. All of the diet flavors have Splenda in them and they make much more than pop they have iced tea as well as an energy drink that my husband swears tastes just like RedBull. After falling in love with our new machine, which is lots of fun to use, I found out that Bed Bath & Beyond carry the syrups and machines plus they have an exchange program for the carbon dioxide canisters. Not only is this machine fun to use but it is very inexpensive, at the rate that pop is increasing in price you can save lots of money by making your own with a SodaStream machine. The only down side to this machine is the reusable bottles have to be hand washed, but they are BPA free which is great. This is a small inconvenience nothing to prevent you from buying the machine. I have even found a company that sells Dr Pepper syrup so I can make my own Dr Pepper at home, while SodaStream makes Dr Pete it is good but nothing is the same as Dr Pepper. I can not wait to get my syrup and start making Dr Pepper.
Win It: One lucky Thrifty & Chic Mom reader will win a Fountain Jet Soda Lover’s Start-Up Kit (approx. $100 retail value.) It includes the winner’s choice of black/silver, white or red/silver Fountain Jet, CO2 to make over 100 liters of soda, 2 reusable carbonating bottles, a sample pack of flavors, and 3 full-sized flavors of the winner’s choice. To enter tell me which flavor you want to try the most.
For extra entries do any or all of the following leaving a separate comment for each entry.
* Friend me on Google Friend Connect (right side bar)
* Subscribe to my blog via email or feedreader
* Blog about this giveaway with a link back or post on your Facebook page with with link back.
* Twitter about this giveaway with a link back, you must also be following me @ThriftyChicMom. Copy and paste: Start making your own soda with a @SodaStreamUSA starter set giveaway from @ThriftyChicMom http://tiny.cc/w91pe #giveaway (you can do this once a day!)
* Follow @SodaStreamUSA on Twitter
* Email a friend about this giveaway with a link be sure to CC me thriftyandchic (at) gmail
* Become a fan of SodaStream on Facebook
* Become a fan of Thrifty & Chic Mom on Facebook
* Enter another current giveaway on Thrifty & Chic Mom, simply tell me which one and what comment # (you can do this once)